Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Update

I've added my blog url to my sig file, so I guess I'd better post if people are gonna read this!

Alexa started sitting up the other day. She loves to stand so I had to force her to bend at the waist and sit down, but once I did, she got her balance and looked up at my like, wow, this sitting up thing is so cool! She still falls from time to time, which makes her cry, but I think it's more that she's pissed off than hurt. She's generally such a cute, happy baby. I've hired a nanny who's currently just here Tuesday mornings, she can't believe how easy the baby is. Yep - she only cries when she is hungry.

There are lots of ways the girls are different. The one I am learning now is that Alexa loves her food! Haley was never a big eater. When I feed Alexa, which I have only been doing for a couple of weeks, I have to use two spoons. I hand her one and she crams it into her mouth, making a huge mess faster than you can imagine. When the spoon is empty, I show her the new one which she grabs, dropping the first one. Usually I can get it but often it falls and makes the mess even bigger. It's pretty amazing what can happen with a simple tablespoon of peas or sweet potatoes. I read somewhere to add organic butter to her veggies so her body can absorbe the vitamins. I don't know if that's true, but it makes it an easier texture to eat and I bet it's yummier. Everything is better with butter, yes?

I've got "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" racing through my head. Felix & I watched the movie tonight. He nearly fell asleep on the couch at 8pm. It's so hard for us to sit down and watch a movie these days. He's so busy with work and I spend my evenings trying to catch up on everything I can't get done during the day because I am with the girls.

I webcammed with my mom around 6pm tonight, before Felix got home. She saw what goes on every night, which I've tried to explain but you gotta see it to believe it - the girls are insane. I'm trying to make dinner, Haley wants me to make her snacks, watch Sesame Street or Mister Rogers with her (uh, no!), read to her, and play Princess with her (usually all at the same time), and Alexa is falling apart, hungry, and very noisy in her complaints. Man, when that girl starts talking it's never gonna stop! And I am trying to make dinner during all this. Mom said, "Yep, this looks like a typical evening with two kids!" How did she survive the three of us? Yikes.

Just thinking about it is making me tired.

No comments: