The so-called "sleep training" (what a horrible phrase!) really worked. My new phrase is - "Milk is for waking up, not for going to sleep." Alexa now naps 2x/day in her crib, and sleeps there all night, too. She nurses while I eat dinner or right after if I can hold her off for a bit so I can actually get some food in me, then I give her a bath (which she loves!), put her in her jammies, read her Goodnight Moon and put her in the crib. She can barely make it through that short little book before she falls completely to pieces. She only cries for a minute or two before she conks out until 6am. I nurse her then on one side only for ten minutes, then again when she wakes for real at 8am. Not bad for younger than 5 months, huh? And Haley is great about sharing a room with her. "Mommy, if Alexa cries I don't listen to her and I keep sleeping." Yep, exactly. Only thing is, I have a portable crib in my bedroom for Alexa's afternoon nap. It's one hour, right in the middle of Haley's 2.5 hour nap, so I'll keep her out of there for now. God forbid Haley's nap doesn't happen!!!
What's really nice about the new way of putting Alexa to bed is that, if I want to, I can nurse her and then hand her off and be done. I'm not the only one who can put her to bed now! Wheeee! Freedom!
Friday, January 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment