Sunday, April 23, 2006

Not what I was expecting to write

I finally ordered the stationary I have been lusting over for years. It's beautiful! It's Cranes! It's green, with dark green ink! There is a retro letter b in a circle, with our return address on the envelope. I love them!

I just wrote the first note on them. It wasn't what I wanted to use these cards for. Here is what I wrote to our neighbors, whom I have never met:

Please accept these funds to cover your veterinarian bills, and please accept our sincere regrets about our dog's actions. In our five years with Loki, he has never done anything like this before. He was attacked by Chloe, another neighbor's dog that was off-leash, in the same location just two months ago. While it doesn't excuse it, perhaps this is where he learned this behavior. We will begin obedience training when he returns from the shelter, where he is currently being held. We do hope you are all okay.

Waaah, I miss my doggie and am really concerned. He and Shardra love to escape the house and it's really hard to get them back inside. If one or both are attacking other dogs while they are out, at some point the city will demand they be put down. I hope obedience is the right way to go. Maybe we should be finding another home for them, one with a large area for them to run with no neighbors? But how do you find a new home for older dogs? And how do you give your beloved pets away, even when you are crazed with two kids and have no time for your pets? Fortunately, they are incredibly well behaved in the house, and very sweet with the girls.

Sigh.

No comments: