Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sad dream

I had a very sad dream last night. I was at a party with lots of old pals. It was a party for Alexius, a going away party. He was very ill, and I had come to say good-bye. He made a special late arrival, and gave me a big hug. We were very happy to see each other. Later in the evening, I walked into the bedroom he was resting in. A woman was giving him a hug good-bye, and it was too emotional for him. He saw me and knew I wanted the same, and, despite his poor health and weak limbs, he ran away, through the house, and into a waiting truck. I bolted after him and arrived breathless at the vehicle before he pulled away. "Can I please get a hug good-bye, Lex? Cause I didn't last time and it's been very difficult." I got the hug I needed, and he drove away.
It's been a year and a half since his death and I don't think of him every day anymore but I guess I still yearn for the closure I never had. Here is a photo of us with 3 month old Haley from August 2002. This was our last visit together.

No comments: