Thursday, May 25, 2006

Today in Motherhood


I worked all day - left the house at 9am after an hour at the computer and drove to a meeting in Palo Alto, then had lunch in SF with a client (and Mary!) at the fabulous Il Fornaio. Got home 15 minutes late, thank god the nanny is so amazingly sweet and understanding. She and Alexa were lying on the bedroom floor playing. Alexa is days away from crawling; she was on her tummy smiling and smelling delicious from her bath. I raced out of the house with her - she was extremely unconscious by the time we arrived at Haley's school, so I had a parent keep an eye on her while I retrieved Haley. 9.
We went to the gym - I nursed Alexa for the first time since 6am (you should've seen us all in bed, Felix sleeping under a big pillow, Alex calmly nursing, me propped up holding the baby, and Haley insanely dancing and climbing and crawling and jumping and singing and giggling!), and worked out for about 45 minutes. Then we went to Target - I had to buy an air mattress. How come I go in there for three things and spend over $200? How does that happen? Well, I know have some new sports bras and Haley has some new pink gear for camping. The girls actually behaved very well. Alexa always behaves (will she at age 4, I wonder?), and Haley was told she could get new shoes if she was a good girl. And she really was! She picked out a pair of Hello Kitty pink strappy sandels. UGH. She fell asleep on the way home, and is still asleep in the car. Alexa just went to sleep upstairs. Finally, some alone time!

1 comment:

rone said...

Hey Felix (and family)! Hope things are going swell for you.